Hyundai Warning Lights
ENGINE OIL PRESSURE
This warning light indicates the engine oil pressure is low.
If the warning light illuminates while driving:
1. Drive safely to the side of the road and stop.
2. With the engine off, check the engine oil level. If the level is low, add oil as required.
If the warning light remains on after adding oil or if oil is not available, call an authorized HYUNDAI dealer.
CAUTION: If the engine is not stopped immediately after the engine oil pressure warning light is illuminated, severe damage could result.
This warning light indicates a malfunction of either the generator or electrical charging system.
If the warning light comes on while the vehicle is in motion:
1. Drive to the nearest safe location.
2. With the engine off, check the generator drive belt for looseness or breakage.
3. If the belt is adjusted properly, a problem exists somewhere in the electrical charging system. Have an authorized HYUNDAI dealer correct the problem as soon as possible.
MALFUNCTION INDICATOR LIGHT
This indicator light is part of the Engine Control System which monitors various emission control system components. If this light illuminates while driving, it indicates that a potential malfunction has been detected somewhere in the emission control system.
This light will also illuminate when the ignition switch is turned to the ON position, and will go out in a few seconds after the engine is started. If it illuminates while driving, or does not illuminate when the ignition switch is turned to the ON position, take your vehicle to your nearest authorized HYUNDAI dealer and have the system checked.
Generally, your vehicle will continue to be drivable, but have the system checked by an authorized HYUNDAI dealer promptly.
CAUTION: Prolonged driving with the Malfunction Indicator Light illuminated may cause damage to the emission control systems which could effect drivability and/or fuel economy.
FUEL CAP OPEN
This warning light indicates the fuel filler cap is not tight securely. Always make sure that the fuel filler cap is tight.